Electronic News Gathering (ENG) is a term used to describe the process of gathering, recording, and transmitting news stories and events using electronic devices and technology. ENG has revolutionized how news is reported and has become a standard method for journalists and news organizations to cover events quickly and efficiently.
I can provide Reno Electronic News Gathering for a remote news or PR team who needs to capture an event or story for a Reno or Tahoe Electronic News Gathering project.
I use cameras that are great for ENG. Some features that make an excellent ENG Camera are:
- High-quality 4k news recording: Every new station works with 4k video footage in 2023. ENG cameras need to be able to record in 4k resolution.
- Small, light, and portable: Electronic News Gathering requires run-and-gun video shooting. This is when a videographer needs to move quickly and shoot quickly without having to break down and set anything up.
- Efficient and compatible video codec: Electronic News Gathering needs to produce high-quality and highly compatible footage that is fast to share and easy to view and edit.
My ENG Camera Setup:
For Reno, NV ENG shoots, I use the following ENG Camera setup
- Sony FX3 Cinema Camera: Fast light and adaptable with 4-channel internal audio capability
- Sony 24-70 2.8 GM lens: Super versatile and light
- Rode Wireless Go 2: Super functional wireless Mics for two-person interviews or hand-held stick mic use.
- Rode Videomic: Small and super good audio quality.
Reno Video Press Release
I deliver ENG footage, including both video interviews and B-roll, as an edited video press release. Using a video NLE, I edit the interview down to just the relevant content, select the best B-Roll clips, and deliver a single video clip that the client can send directly to news stations so that they can create a segment for broadcast. This takes almost all the word out of the equation for both the client and the TV station.